Series 47 Gas Compression Spacer Disc Coupling from PSC
PSC is blurring the line between torsionally soft and the traditional rigid disc coupling.
- Superior product performance
- Short lead-times standard
- Lower torsional stiffness compared to typical gas compression couplings
- Quick and easy installation
- Comprehensive technical support
- 100% American made components
The Series 47 has been designed specifically for the gas compression market. This coupling has been built off our successful Series 57 fully unitized and self-piloting disc pack. Our unique disc pack allows us to be an alternative to the typical cast center member style couplings. Our lower torsional stiffness allows us to blur the line between torsionally soft couplings and typical rigid disc solutions. This can save you money when expensive detuners or torsionally soft couplings are required. Have our coupling analyzed in your package today.
Industry Leading Product Features:
- Made with high strength alloy steel hubs to provide improved strength and allow for an optimized maximum bore especially with keyless fit applications
- Unitized disc pack simplifies assembly and maintenance and provides improved performance.
- Assembled with high strength socket head cap screws that are commercially available. This allows customers to easily replace fasteners, unlike competitor’s couplings that use expensive proprietary body ground shoulder bolts.
Examples of Custom Options:
- Torsional Tuning
- Special No Heat Required Lock on hubs, for easier installation.
- Cold Weather Option
- API 671 Compliant
- Tapered Bored
- Hydraulic Taper Bores
- Inertia Adders
Superior Quality Driven by Manufacturing in the USA
- The PSC team has a strong understanding of engineering and manufacturing requirements; the engineering design and manufacturing processes are tightly linked.
- Our Engineering staff is always ready to provide custom mass elastic data so as not to delay your project analysis. We can work with your Torsional Vibration Analysis (TVA) engineering firm in order to ensure your project is tuned as cost effectively as possible.
- All manufacturing and assembly completed in the United States.
- All orders reviewed to ensure proper design selection.