- High torque density, lower mass, and better balance allow for much longer life of connected equipment
- API 610 / 671 Compliant
- Same high torque density as the Series 57 couplings
- Tunable stiffness for gas compression applications
- API 610 / 671 Compliant
- PSC offers direct replacement disc packs for couplings from TB Woods, Kop-Flex, Thomas, John Crane, and others
For Pump Packages
- Industry leading ease of installation.
- Use of standard fasteners (instead of custom fasteners).
- No balancing required up to 3,600 rpm for most sizes.
- API-610 / API-671 compliant.
For Gas Compression
- Great alternative to Rexnord AMR/CMR couplings or TB Woods couplings.
- Due to the tunable stiffness, PSC’s disc couplings may be a good fit in packages where detuners can be avoided or where an elastomer coupling (like CENTA or Reich) is recommended but a disc coupling is preferred.
For High Torque / High Service Factor
- High torque density allows the use of a smaller coupling than the competition. This can provide significant savings.
- Also, PSC has the capabilities to quickly customize our couplings for specific applications.
- Rated torque up to 3.5 million in-lbs.
For Custom Couplings
- PSC’s product line is adaptable to a wide range of mounting requirements, material specifications, and performance needs.
- The engineering team at PSC is eager to work with customers with quick turnaround and excellent value on custom couplings
PSC is changing the rules in the custom flexible disc coupling market giving you outstanding value with industry leading lead-times and service.
- Superior product performance
- Short lead-times standard
- Industry leading torque density
- Quick and easy installation
- Comprehensive technical support
- 100% American made components
The technical team at PSC is eager to work with you to customize a solution for your flexible disc coupling needs. Whether you need a replacement for an existing coupling or a new design for a new application, the technical team at PSC is here to provide quick and comprehensive support.
Industry Leading Product Features:
- Manufactured with tight tolerances that provide an AGMA Class 9 balance as standard (AGMA Class 10 and Class 11 optional).
- Made with high strength alloy steel hubs to provide improved strength and allow for an optimized maximum bore.
- Unitized disc pack simplifies assembly and maintenance and provides improved performance.
- Assembled with high strength socket head cap screws that are commercially available. This allows customers to easily replace fasteners, unlike competitor’s couplings that use expensive proprietary body ground shoulder bolts.
Examples of Custom Options:
- Shrink Discs
- Torsional Tuning
- Unique Materials
- Hub Bushing
- Limited End Float
- Low Moment Design
- Cold Weather Option
- API 671 Compliant
- Torque Limiting Shear Pin
- Floating Shaft Center Spacer
- Tapered Bored
- Hydraulic Taper Bores
- Inertia Adders
- Torque Meter Integration
- High Speed (>5000 rpm)
- Semi Split Hub (No Heat Removal)
- Long Span Center Member
Superior Quality Driven by Manufacturing in the USA
- The PSC team has a strong understanding of engineering and manufacturing requirements; the engineering design and manufacturing processes are tightly linked.
- Each coupling is runout to confirm true balance.
- All manufacturing and assembly completed in the United States.
- All orders reviewed to ensure proper design selection.